The Information Desk at Hewes Library is where materials are borrowed and returned. Located on the main floor of the library, it is staffed during all open hours of the library. All members of the public are welcome to visit Hewes Library. Contact: 309-457-2190
Eligibility for Borrowing Materials
The following persons are eligible to check out items from Hewes Library:
- Current Monmouth College students, faculty, staff and their dependents may use their current Monmouth College ID card. Present your ID at the Information Desk to check out any materials, including books, course reserves, audiovisual materials and equipment.
- Community patrons with a current Warren County Public Library card will be issued a Monmouth College barcode
- Non-affiliated users from Warren, Knox, Mercer, Henry, and McDonough counties should present a valid photo ID and proof of current address
- Non-affiliated users who reside outside Warren County and its contiguous counties may submit a request to the library for consideration as a special borrower
- Members of other I-Share institutions (faculty, staff, students), may use their home institution ID card
- Despite eligibility, some collections may not be available to check out to all patron groups.
- Hewes Library and Monmouth College are not responsible for materials checked out or viewed on public terminals by minors.
- All library patrons must follow library and college policies.