This worksheet is meant to help you start exploring a topic of interest using resources demonstrated in class. Read the worksheet thoroughly, complete the exercises, and don't forget to print and attach the items you locate. Plan ahead to visit the library reference desk and consult with a reference librarian before the worksheet is due in class.
Indexes the contents from peer-reviewed journals, book chapters, dissertations, and reports in psychology and related disciplines. Coverage from the early 1800's to the present. NOTE: Includes full-text articles from PsycARTICLES and links to PsycTESTS. More information.
Not just for science research! An index to over 20,000 scholarly journals in science, social sciences, and humanities disciplines. This database provides article citation information as well as citation searching. Conference proceedings and some books are also indexed. Coverage: 1975-present. Information from database provider.
Permits searching for articles that cite a known author or work, as well as searching by subject, author, journal, and author address.
• Navigate with cited reference searching and Author Finder.
• Create a visual representation of citation relationships with Citation Mapping.
• Capture citation activity and trends graphically with Citation Report.
• Use the Analyze Tool to identify trends and patterns.
• Arts & Humanities Citation Index (1975-present)
• Book Citation Index– Science (2005-present)
• Book Citation Index– Social Sciences & Humanities (2005-present)
• Conference Proceedings Citation Index- Science (1990-present)
• Conference Proceedings Citation Index- Social Science & Humanities (1990-present)
• Science Citation Index Expanded (1900-present)
• Social Sciences Citation Index (1900-present)
• Emerging Sources Citation Index (2005-present)
• Current Chemical Reactions (CCR-EXPANDED) (1986-present )
(Includes Institut National de la Propriete Industrielle structure data back to 1840)
• Index Chemicus (1993-present)
This full-text resource features the vast majority of U.S. newspapers, including English and Spanish language news coverage from over 150 countries. Provides extensive coverage at any level—local, state, regional, national and international, from newspapers, newswires, business information, and videos.
The new interface for LexisNexis, features more than 15,000 business, legal, and news sources (national and international) including U.S. Supreme Court decisions dating back to 1790. New feature: ability to share folders and annotate documents. Learn more. Search the original interface with Lexis Nexis.