"Confirmation bias, the tendency to process information by looking for information that is consistent with one’s existing beliefs."
from: "Confirmation Bias" - Encyclopaedia Britannica
When you research, ask yourself:
- How did I find these sources?
- Are all my sources from the same type of source?
- Do all my sources say the same thing?
What might someone who disagrees with me say?
- Always evaluate a source for validity
- Try more than one search with multiple keywords
- How might a search for "pro-choice" be different than "anti-abortion" or "pro-life"?